Welcome to the BlackPress WordPress Community!
We’re thrilled to have you join our vibrant community of Black WordPress enthusiasts.
Whether you’re embarking on a tech career, launching your own business, or simply looking to expand your network, you’ve found a supportive and inclusive space where you can thrive. Here at BlackPress, we’re committed to creating an environment where you can feel supported, connected, and informed along your WordPress journey.
As a WordPress-adjacent community, all members are expected to follow the WordPress Code of Conduct when engaging with other members. Outlined below are more BlackPress-specific guidelines for community engagement that hope to foster a place of mutual respect and empowerment.
BlackPress Community Code of Conduct
- Expected Behavior: We believe in fostering a respectful and inclusive atmosphere where every member’s voice is valued. Treat your fellow community members with kindness and respect, regardless of their background, experience, or opinions. We expect that what is shared in our community should be treated as confidential.
- Unacceptable Behavior: Discrimination or disparagement based on age, appearance, physical or mental ability, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, nationality, or political affiliation is unacceptable in our community.
- Potential Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior: At our discretion, volunteer organizers may take actions in response to reported and observed unacceptable behavior at official events, on online platforms, and related social events, which may include public comments to stop and private conversations for resolution.
- Release from Liability: In consideration of the risk of injury while participating in our events and online communities, each participant agrees to abide by our Code of Conduct. By attending events or participating online, each participant recognizes they’re participating entirely at their own risk and agrees to waive any right to bring legal action against organizers, venues, community sponsors, and volunteers.
By joining the BlackPress WordPress Community, you’re becoming part of a global movement that aims to empower and uplift Black WordPress professionals. Together, we’re creating an atmosphere where dreams turn into realities, and opportunities abound. Explore the various channels, participate in discussions, and connect with fellow members.
The following is a list of ways how the BlackPress community operates and how you can be a valued contributor.
How BlackPress Operates
- Open Conversations: We encourage open and honest discussions. Feel free to share your insights, ask questions, and engage in conversations that contribute to the growth of our community. In live events, be considerate, respectful, patient, and collaborative. Make a safe space for those who require it, especially during discussions.
- Inclusivity Matters: Our community is centered around uplifting and empowering Black WordPress professionals, therefore, we are a Black by priority community. While non-Black friends and allies are welcome, please remember that our primary focus is on providing a space for Black individuals to be connected and thrive.
- Mentorship and Learning: Our community thrives on mentorship and learning. Whether you seek guidance or have expertise, we’re here to support each other’s growth and knowledge. Promote education, curiosity, and foster a solutions-focused community feel.
- Monthly Meetups: We strive to host monthly meetup events where you can connect face-to-face with fellow members. These events are fantastic opportunities to network, exchange ideas, and learn from one another. If you’re interested in hosting a monthly meetup, please reach out to a BlackPress organizer!
- Privacy and Security: Respect the privacy and confidentiality of our members. Don’t share personal information without consent and be mindful of the content you post. This includes asking for consent before publishing photos of our members outside of our shared space.
- Constructive Feedback: If you have feedback or suggestions for improvement, we encourage you to share them constructively. Criticism is welcome, but please make sure it’s professional, constructive, and contains utility for others. Your input helps us enhance our community experience.
- No Promotions or Spam: While we love sharing valuable resources, please refrain from using the community for repetitive self-promotion or spam. Let’s keep our conversations genuine and helpful. You can use the #secure-the-bag channel for occasional promotional content.
- Positive Vibes Only: Let’s keep the energy positive! Share your achievements, ideas, and experiences to inspire others and create a motivating environment.
Thank you for being a valued member of our community. Your presence contributes to making BlackPress a thriving and supportive space for everyone. Let’s embark on this WordPress journey together!